Why are Custom-In-Ear Monitors Needed In Church?
- Sometimes church attendees cannot hear the worship on stage.
- Sometimes they complain that the volume is too loud.
What to Do With the Volume
- Measure the volume of the stage. An effective app we recommend, if you don’t have a sound level meter, is called “SoundMeter+” — it can be found in the Apple App Store or in the Google Play Store for an affordable price.
- Keep the volumes closer to 95 dB at the highest. When we peg our systems at over 100 dB, we risk exposing the worship teams and those at the front of the stage to significant hearing damage as well as soft tissue legal claims.
- Visit DrumWorld.com in Tulsa or in your local area to find an effective cage to completely isolate the drums from the rest of the stage. The drums’ output to the stage can be upward of 110 dB and causes havoc to the other onstage musicians and interferes with their ability to hear the mixes.
Clean the Stage Off of the Wedges
In visiting many churches with wedges out front, we’ve noticed that the musicians often have difficulty hearing each other.
- Singers and background vocalists will be flat if they cannot hear themselves.
- Guitarists and bassists will struggle in the pick-ups, especially in complicated songs with unusual intros.
- The lead worshiper will not be able to find the rhythms to mesh the band effectively.
Invest in Custom In-Ear Monitors
Custom In-Ear Monitors Perform Much Better Than Non-Custom In-Ears
Some churches have already brought their sound systems up to date with in-ear monitors, but only have non-custom in-ears available for their staff and volunteer worship teams.
- Non-custom in-ears can only block up to 15 dB of sound and slip as the musician plays throughout the set. The bass is lost and requires the musician to miss pick-ups when the plug falls out of the ear.
- If one person has an ear infection of any type, the rollups should always be thrown away. The cost starts to rise for the church in providing constant new rollup-type inserts.
The Benefits of Custom In-Ear Monitors
Custom in-ear monitors allow the musician to block out up to 31 dB of outside sound — enough to isolate the musician from any bleed.
- Custom in-ears are comfortable for the musician and do not slip.
- They also allow for a quieter mix in the worshiper’s ear so that they will not damage the ears.
The Mix Significantly Improves for the Sound Team
- The bleed from the stage no longer causes the technical teams to worry about reverb from the stage.
- The volumes of the audience can be easily managed by the technical staff to keep within safe limits for the audience.
- Remember, the voices are the most important part of worship — it’s the words that the people need to hear to worship along with your church, not the accompaniment.
- Once a worship team member procures custom in-ear monitors from a local audiologist like Hearing Solution Centers, make sure that you drop the mix completely for that musician, then remix as if for the first time to make sure that the sound is optimal for that musician in their ear.
No Matter The Situation, Our Tulsa Audiologists Are Prepared To Help With These Services:
Hearing impairment affects more than just your ability to hear — it affects your quality of life. Hearing Solution Centers stresses the importance of an accurate and timely hearing test. Call us today to schedule an apointment.
Assistive Listening Devices
Individuals with hearing loss sometimes have more difficulty hearing basic technology that is a part of regular daily life, like telephones ringing or alarm clocks buzzing. Assistive Listening Devices cure this problem.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Even if you take care of your hearing aids and keep up with regular maintenance, time takes its toll on all technology, and it’s possible that yours will eventually wear out through the course of normal use.
Custom Ear Plugs & Molded Ear Plugs
Hearing loss happens for many reasons, one of the most popular being exposure to loud noise (noise-induced hearing loss, or NIHL). Hearing Solution Centers offers a variety of custom ear plugs and molded ear plugs.
Though the common misconception about tinnitus is that it’s a disease, tinnitus is actually a medical condition characterized by persistent ringing in one or both ears that can only be heard by the affected individual.
Earwax, that yellowish-brown substance produced by the glands of the external ear, may conjure the ick factor for many people, but it actually serves a pretty important purpose. Our treatments will help you manage it in a healthy way.
Hunter Hearing Protection
Digitial Hunter’s Hearing Protection is designed for hunters and shooters who need amplification as well as hearing protection.
Custom-Molded In-Ear Monitors
As the #1 custom-molded in-ear monitors provider in Tulsa, we are committed to helping Tulsa musicians hear every note.